The Central Massachusetts Business Environmental Network (CMBEN) in partnership with the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce present ISO14001:2015 Are you Ready for the Changes?
When: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 9:00 – 11:00 A.M.
Where: Saint-Gobain-Norton Hall, 1 New Bond St, Worcester, Massachusetts
The following are the speakers and the topics they will present on:
–Linda Swift of Capaccio Environmental Engineering, Inc. will speak on changes from ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015
-Cristina Mendoza of Capaccio Environmental Engineering, Inc. will speak on specific areas that companies are having a difficulty understanding (e.g., context of the business)
Pam Eliason of TURI will give a short presentation on how these changes affect the EMS Alternative to traditional TUR Planning
Networking will be from 9:00 to 9:30 and the program will begin after that.
To register e-mail Isabelle Lavigne from Irwin Engineers at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at (508) 653-8007 ext. 10. Although there is no cost for this meeting, seating is limited so please register soon, and no later than September 8th.
For more information, contact Lucy Servidio at 508-970-0033 ext. 114 or email@example.com.
The long awaited final version of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System standard has been released today. The new ISO 14001:2015 standard, Environmental Management Systems – Requirements with Guidance for Use, is available to download now from American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Also, an updated Environmental Management Package that combines environmental management systems guidance standards is available for download from ANSI.
Some key changes relate to ensuring the environmental management system:
- Integrates environmental management with organization’s overall strategic business planning
- Strengthens the focus on leadership with greater specificity on management involvement
- Includes proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation
- Improves environmental performance
- Uses risk-based approach to environmental management
- Demonstrates lifecycle approach when considering environmental aspects, including supply chain impacts/value assessment
- Engages stakeholders
- Includes a communications strategy
- Follows ISO Annex SL format to facilitate integration with other ISO management systems standards.
Many companies choose to conduct a gap analysis to create an action plan for upgrading to the new version. CAPACCIO can assist with conducting a gap analysis, establishing an action plan, facilitating identification of solutions that appropriately address the new requirements, and providing resources to develop & implement documents and systems.
Please contact Lisa Wilk at 508-970-0033 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Swift at 508-970-0033 ext. 119 or email@example.com for more information.