The long awaited final version of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System standard has been released today. The new ISO 14001:2015 standard, Environmental Management Systems – Requirements with Guidance for Use, is available to download now from American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Also, an updated Environmental Management Package that combines environmental management systems guidance standards is available for download from ANSI.
Some key changes relate to ensuring the environmental management system:
- Integrates environmental management with organization’s overall strategic business planning
- Strengthens the focus on leadership with greater specificity on management involvement
- Includes proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation
- Improves environmental performance
- Uses risk-based approach to environmental management
- Demonstrates lifecycle approach when considering environmental aspects, including supply chain impacts/value assessment
- Engages stakeholders
- Includes a communications strategy
- Follows ISO Annex SL format to facilitate integration with other ISO management systems standards.
Many companies choose to conduct a gap analysis to create an action plan for upgrading to the new version. CAPACCIO can assist with conducting a gap analysis, establishing an action plan, facilitating identification of solutions that appropriately address the new requirements, and providing resources to develop & implement documents and systems.
Please contact Lisa Wilk at 508-970-0033 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Swift at 508-970-0033 ext. 119 or email@example.com for more information.